Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I can't believe this is my life.

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, 'go in peace, be warmed and filled,' without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." (James 2:14-17 ESV)



I was talking with my future roommate this past weekend, and she so eloquently said "sometimes I can't believe this is my life." I'm positive I couldn't have said it better myself! I can't believe that THIS is my life. It's so not how I saw my life going. Mid-term missions doesn't fit into the American Dream. But it fits into God's will for my life. 

That's where I find myself right now. Living in God's will. Facing a scary adventure far away, in a foreign nation, but totally at peace. More at peace than I have ever been in my life, more than I ever imagined was possible. Because my God, THE God, has got me right where He wants me. 

The "see you laters" have started, and while they are heart-crushing (the heart is a muscle and can't be broken, only crushed), I have so much hope coming out of them. This trip isn't just about me, and how God is going to grow me, but how God will effect the people I'm leaving behind through the stories I will get to share. And I CANNOT WAIT to share them with you! 

Thursday is the day. I'm leaving with an eternal mindset, and a heart full of Christ's love for the people of Nepal! I know we are commanded not to covet in the Bible, but I covet your prayers! I'm going to need them in the good times, the victories, the hard times, when I'm frustrated, and when I just want to come home. 


I'll post again when I'm settled in to my flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment