Monday, August 12, 2013

My Adventure

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8 ESV)

My goal is to be like Isaiah, to follow wherever God leads me, and to go willingly and excitedly. And this next year is going to be a time for me to put that into practice! I'm leaving this October to move to the country of Nepal for a year, and serve God alongside missionaries who show God's unconditional love to the lost people of this Hindu nation. 

This blog will be a place for me to write about God's victories, my struggles, and the experiences that I will have while I'm gone. My hope and prayer is that through this blog you will get a glimpse into the work that God is doing in the lives of people half-way around the world who speak a different language, worship different gods, and may have never heard the name Jesus Christ. Above all else, my goal is that God would be glorified. 

As I prepare over these next few months (58 days until I go!) I would ask that you partner with me in prayer. Here are a few things that I would covet your prayers for:
-finances; I am just over $6,000 short of my goal of $21,640. 
-peace; as I prepare and the time gets closer, anxieties and fears creep up, the devils way of trying to get me to believe that God isn't big enough to take care of me.
-the Nepali people; that God would do an amazing work in these people before I get there, while I'm in country, and long after I leave. 

If you would like to help support me financially, you can give in two ways; the first is a one time gift given to Canyon Hills Community Church, either through our online giving on our website or in the mail. Or, you can send monthly support while I'm gone, and give the same way, but in smaller amounts each of the 12 months I'm away. If you feel led to support me, the most important thing to remember is that my name cannot be on a check anywhere, in the subject line please put "mid-term Nepal". 

Thank you for your support, prayerfully and/or financially. It truly means the world to me. I'm excited for this adventure with God, and I hope that you'll follow along with me as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment